Adelphos Full Speaker Kit, by Jeff Bagby
The Adelphos is Greek for “brother”. And, the Kairos is that Brother! It uses the same components as the Kairos but is optimized for a standard, flat baffle. If you found the Kairos slanted baffle design difficult to build or unattractive, then the Adelphos version is just for you.
The network has been optimized for the flat baffle and though not as transient perfect as the Kairos, it is still an exceptional system. Jeff admitted that you probably couldn’t hear the difference between the two designs.
This kit features the Satori line of drives from SB Acoustics – the 6″ Papyrus cone woofer and low distortion, ring dome tweeter. Rounding out the design is premium crossover components, featuring perfect layer inductors and premium Clarity, CSA capacitors and Lynk resistors. All this means is that you won’t need to worry if you have gotten a speaker kit with inferior parts.
If you were originally hesitant about building the Kairos, angled front, I encourage you to build the Adelphos version.
Please note the photo is only on one side of the kit pair.
The full kit includes:
- 2 x Satori, TW29R ring dome tweeter – You can also choose the Silver version.
- 2 x Satori, MW16 Papyrus cone woofer – You can also choose the white cone version if you prefer.
- 2 x Specified, Perfect Layer and steel laminate inductors.
- 2 x Clarity CSA Capacitors.
- 2 x Lynk Resistors
- 2 x Big Post, terminals
- 2 x 16ga Hook up wire
- 2 x 2″ dia flared port system
- 2 x All mounting hardware
- 2 x Dacron damping ( not pictured )
- Directions and build plans
We are happy to customize this kit for you – different capacitors, etc. – even if we don’t normally stock them. Just let us know your preferences and we can quote accordingly. Some component upgrades are listed above in the drop down when ordering.
A Bare Bones version is available that includes:
- Satori, TW29R tweeters
- Satori, MW16, Papyrus Woofers
- Specified crossover parts
- Design and build plans.
There is a bit more information on the build at our forum.