Adelphos MTM Speaker Kit, by Jeff Bagby
The Adelphos is Greek for “brother”. And, the Kairos is that Brother! It uses the same components as the Kairos but is optimized for a standard, flat baffle, but in the MTM configuration.. If you found the Kairos slanted baffle design difficult to build or unattractive, then the Adelphos version is just for you.
The network has been optimized for the flat baffle and though not as transient perfect as the Kairos, it is still an exceptional system. Jeff admitted that you probably couldn’t hear the difference between the two designs.
This kit features the Satori line of drives from SB Acoustics – the 6″ Papyrus cone woofer and low distortion, ring dome tweeter. Rounding out the design is premium crossover components, with the ability to upgrade to any brand you prefer.
Because the MTM is commonly used as a center channel, these are sold as singles.
The Bare Bones kit includes:
- 1 x Satori, TW29R ring dome tweeter
- 2 x Satori, MW16P
- 2 x Specified, steel laminate inductors or upgrade to 14ga air core on woofer.
- 2 x Aydyn Q4 Capacitors or upgrade to your choice
- 2 x Lynk Resistors or upgrade to your choice
The Full kit package includes:
- 2 x Choice of input terminals
- 2 x 16ga twisted pair Hook up wire
- 2 x 2.5″ dia flared port system
- 2 x All mounting hardware
- Boards and terminals for building the crossovers
- 2 x Dacron damping
- Directions and build plans
We are happy to customize this kit for you – different capacitors, etc. – even if we don’t normally stock them. Just let us know your preferences and we can quote accordingly. Some component upgrades are listed above in the drop down when ordering.
There is a bit more information on the build at our forum.