Adelphos Speaker Kit, by Jeff Bagby
The Adelphos is Greek for “brother”. And, the Kairos is that Brother! It uses the same components as the Kairos but is optimized for a standard, flat baffle. If you found the Kairos slanted baffle design difficult to build or unattractive, then the Adelphos version is just for you.
The network has been optimized for the flat baffle and though not as transient perfect as the Kairos, it is still an exceptional system. Jeff admitted that you probably couldn’t hear the difference between the two designs.
This kit features the Satori line of drives from SB Acoustics – the 6″ Papyrus cone woofer and low distortion, ring dome tweeter. Rounding out the design are great entry-level crossover components, with the chance to choose your favorite brands of capacitors or resistors.
If you were originally hesitant about building the Kairos, angled front, I encourage you to build the Adelphos version.
Please note the photo is only on one side of the kit pair.
When you choose the full kit, here is what your get:
- 2 x Satori, TW29R ring dome tweeter
- 2 x Satori, MW16P-8 Papyrus cone woofer
- 2 x Specified, Perfect Layer and steel laminate inductors.
- 2 x Cebo Polypropylene Capacitors on tweeter and Audyn Q4 on woofer section.
- 2 x Sand Cast Resistors
- 2 x Choice of terminals
- 2 x 16ga Hook up wire
- 2 x 2″ dia flared port system
- 2 x All mounting hardware
- 2 x Dacron damping ( not pictured )
- Directions and build plans
We are happy to customize this kit for you – different capacitors, etc. – even if we don’t normally stock them. Just let us know your preferences and we can quote accordingly. Some component upgrades are listed above in the drop-down when ordering.
A Bare Bones version is available that includes:
- Satori, TW29R tweeters
- Satori, MW16P-8, Papyrus Woofers
- Specified crossover parts
- Design and build plans.
There is a bit more information on the build at our forum.