The Anthologies loudspeaker kit by Jim Holtz and Curt Campbell.
More than once Jim had been asked if the “Statements” could be made with the woofers on the bottom, or a bit shorter, or less expensive. Yes, that version is here. They measure 48″ tall, 11.5″ wide and 15.5″ deep
The Anthologies use the same Dayton 8″ woofers but sport the SB Acoustics, 5.25″ midranges and a SEAS, 22mm soft dome tweeter. The mids are housed in 6″ dia PVC open back, chambers like the Finalist.
You can read what Jim says about them in the pdf write up below.
The Full kit includes the parts to do a stereo pair – just supply your own cabinet. (photo above is one side).
- 2 x SEAS, 22TFF soft dome tweeters
- 4 x SB Acoustics, SB15NRX30-8 coated paper cone midranges ( If you prefer the “uncoated” look, just ask in the order notes)
- 4 x Dayton, RS225-8, Aluminum cone woofers
- 2 x Crossover parts with Jim’s suggested Audyn Q4 / Solen caps, Specified air cored inductors and Lynk / Zisters resistors.
- 2 x Big Post Terminals
- 2 x Precision Port Tubes
- 2 x Damping Foam
- 2 x Internal hookup Wire
- 2 x All mounting hardware
- Boards for crossover assembly
- All build plans
Jim’s set uses all Clarity, CSA on the tweeter and PX capacitors elsewhere in his system and these can be substituted as an upgrade.
We can also assemble the networks for you at a nominal charge.