The “Blues” TM Kit, by Matt Sobie
Matt came to us looking to do a new HT system. He wanted to try something new, but not too expensive. HiVi had just released the LR, Kevlar series, which looked promising and the SB tweeters were always a very good value.
Preliminary tests show the woofer would work well in a 14L or smaller cabinet, and with a little help from us, a nice 4th order acoustic network was designed.
Not only did they pass the listening tests of Matt and his Cousin Andrew, but the drivers look pretty sexy as well. The name was inspired by that “Beer” carton sitting nearby the work area.
The full kit come with everything you need except the cabinet. We are happy to delete or substitute items.
- 2 x SB, SB26STAC Tweeters
- 2 x HiVi Research, L6-4R woofers (this is a 4 ohm system)
- 2 x Crossover components featuring Audyn Q4 capacitors and optimal dcr inductors.
- 2 x Crossover boards and terminals
- 2 x Input Terminals – choice of Compression cup or HG Posts .
- 2 x Internal hookup wire
- 2 x Internal Damping material – not pictured
- 2 x Port Tubes – not pictured
- 2 x Mounting screws.
- Complete plans
There is an added option for a fully assembled and tested crossover if your soldering skills are lacking.
Photo above is just one channel. Kit contains a pair.