The “Blues” MTM Kit, by Matt Sobie
Matt’s cousin, Andrew had a brief listen to the Blues TM and was hooked. He wanted more output for his H/T system so the MTM version was designed.
Preliminary tests show the woofer would work well in a 28L or smaller cabinet, and with a little help from us, a nice 4th order acoustic network was designed.
Not only did they pass the listening tests of Matt and his Cousin Andrew, but the drivers look pretty sexy as well. The name was inspired by that “Beer” carton sitting nearby the work area. Please note, that these are sold as singles for those just wanting a center channel or need 3 for a full LCR.
The full kit comes with everything you need except the cabinet. We are happy to delete or substitute items. Please note that this kit is sold as a single as many choose this for a center channel or purchase 3 units for a LCR.
- 1 x SB, SB26STAC Tweeters
- 2 x HiVi Research, L6-4R woofers (this is a 8 ohm system)
- 2 x Crossover components featuring Audun Q4 capacitors and optimal dcr inductors.
- 1 x Crossover boards and terminals
- 1 x Input Terminals – choice of Compression cup or HG Posts .
- 1 x Internal hookup wire
- 1 x Internal Damping material – not pictured
- 1 x Port Tubes – not pictured
- 1 x Mounting hardware.
- Complete plans
There is an added option for a fully assembled and tested crossover if your soldering skills are lacking.
No sooner did we have the design finish when a local Home Theater installer ordered a LCR system from us. Got a chance to hear them before he picked them up and was quite impressed by the upper bass attack. They appear to play well beyond their price category.