The Bordeaux Speaker kit by Curt Campbell and Jim Holtz
Jim keeps saying that this is last speaker build, but it seems they keep on coming. HIs latest collaboration with Curt Campbell gives the speaker builder a great, high-end three-way design. Jim stayed with the ever-steady Dayton RS225 woofers but did an audiophile upgrade on the mid-bass and tweeter. The very dynamic Accuton mid-woofer results in a quick and detailed mid-range while the air restriction tweeter adds a level of accuracy not well produced by many soft dome tweeters.
The cabinet is a two-piece design, but we’ve had builders combine both units into one cabinet.
All crossover parts are what Jim has used in his build. but we have happy to upgrade (or downgrade depending on budget). Please note the photo above doesn’t show the premium CSA caps included in the kit.
Out kit includes our Big Post terminals instead of the “Speak-on” types that Jim used. We are happy to source them if you like, but most have preferred the 5-way binding posts.
The full kits include:
- 2 x Arum Cantus AST2560 Tweeters
- 2 x Accuton, C158-8-085 Mid Woofers
- 4 x Dayton, RS225 8″ Woofers
- 2 x crossover components featuring Clarity capacitors ( CSA on the tweeter and PX elsewhere)
- 2 x All specified inductors
- 2 x All specified resistors
- 6 x Big Post, binding posts.
- 2 x 3″ Flared Ports
- 2 x Specified damping foam
- 2 x Mounting hardware
- 2 x Color coded hookup wire
- 2 x Crossover mounting boards.
- All design plans