- 28mm dia x 33mm Length (1.1″ x 1.3″)
- Terminations are tinned copper wire.
- Conductor diameter is 1mm.
- Tolerance ±3% standard.
- Dissipation factor ≤ 0.001 @ 1KHz & 20±3°C
- Insulation resistance ≥ 104MΩ-μF @ rated voltage & 20±3°C
- Rated voltage 250Vdc
- Dielectric absorption ≤ 0.1% @ 20±3°C
- Temperature range -40 to +70°C
The ESA range has been developed as a direct result of the 2-year research program conducted between ClarityCap and the world renowned Acoustics Research Centre at the University of Salford.
The performance of the ESA capacitors has been dramatically enhanced by reducing resonant sonic outputs from the capacitor winding itself. This is achieved by careful selection of the highest quality polypropylene base film combined with thick pure aluminum metallization and close control of critical production processes. The resulting ESA range offers exceptional performance in audio applications at 250Vdc. A guaranteed 3% tolerance ensures component to component consistency for a balanced system and reproducibility across production runs.
The graph below shows the relative sonic outputs between the SA (Traditional) and ESA (Optimum Point) ranges.