Dayton Audio CX120 Coaxial 4.5″ mid-woofer
The Dayton Audio CX120-8 is a full-range coaxial loudspeaker providing high-quality sound in a very compact format featuring a 4″ curved linear poly cone woofer mated with a 3/4″ silk dome tweeter. The poly cone woofer provides a good balance between stiffness, low mass, and damping making for a very natural sounding driver with a smooth frequency response. The silk dome tweeter provides detailed and clear high frequencies with minimal distortion. In addition, the optimized tweeter placement and flaring reduce the phase issues with the woofer that is commonplace with even the BIG brand coaxes. Designed for use as a full-range in a small bookshelf speaker, an extended range (i.e. midrange/tweeter) driver in a 3-way system, or even car audio systems.
• 1″ voice coil wound on an aluminum former for high power handling
• Curved linear shaped poly cone provides a good balance between stiffness, low mass, and damping making for a natural sounding driver with a smooth frequency response
• Optimized rubber surround for a reduced break up in the midrange band
• Attractive rigid open cast frame cast frame to minimize reflections, resonances and improve airflow
• High energy ceramic magnet for greater cone control and improved efficiencySpecifications: • Power handling: 40 watts RMS/80 watts max • VCdia: 1″ • Le: 0.62 mH • Impedance: 8 ohms • Re: 6.2 ohms • Frequency response: 90-5,500 Hz • Fs: 87.5 Hz • SPL: 88.5 dB 2.83V/1m • Vas: 0.10 cu. ft. (2.99 liters) • Qms: 2.89 • Qes: 0.57 • Qts: 0.48 • Xmax: 3.0 mm • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 4-3/4″, Cutout diameter: 3-7/8″, Depth: 2″.
• Silk dome provides detail and clarity of high frequencies
• Coaxially mounted to pole piece on the woofer cone
• Optimized placement and trimmed flaring to reduce phase issue interaction with the woofer
• Strong neodymium magnet
• Trimmed flared throat to minimize phase issues causing suck-out with the woofer
• High pass filter required (not included)Specifications: • Power handling: 20 watts RMS/40 watts max • VCdia: 3/4″ • Le: 0.04 mH @ 10 kHz • Impedance: 8 ohms • Re: 5.6 ohms • Frequency response: 4,500-20,000 Hz • Fs: 2745 Hz • SPL: 89.2 dB 2.83V/1m • Qms: 2.20 • Qes: 7.91 • Qts: 1.72.