The Piccolo Loudspeaker kit by Jeff Bagby.
This was the second design that Jeff did using the SB Acoustics drivers. At that time, SB was the new kid on the block. He had just finished up the Mandolin and thought the SB15NRX2 would be a nice compliment.
The Bare Bones Kit includes:
- 2 x 1″, SB29RDNC, Neo Ring Tweeter
- 2 x 5.25″ SB15NR2XC30 Woofer
- 2 x All crossover parts using MDL and Cebo Select capacitors, Lynk resistors, and specified inductors
- Build Plans
The Full Kit parts include:
- Add Choice of terminals
- Choice of Mounting Screws
- Internal Damping Material
- Twisted Pair, color-coded Hookup wire
- Port tubes
- Mounting boards and terminals for the crossover
Please click on the PDF below for the complete story on how the Piccolo was designed.
Wanted a small-ish pair of speakers that didn’t need a subwoofer so I could have good tunes while in the kitchen. These would sit on an open shelf with no backing wall. This was my first kit where I built the cabinets and veneered them myself so I had a lot to learn. Building the kit was very enjoyable and the instructions were very clear.
As far as sound, they are what I had hoped for. They sound great – good detail, very smooth, good bass extension. I don’t wish I had a sub – they don’t need one for the music I listen to .
Overall, these were a good fit for my use case – I am very happy with the Piccolos, and would recommend this kit.
Photo has been removed
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch