The “Speedster” TMM kit by Paul Carmody
The popularity of the original Speedster kit prompted builders to ask for an MTM version – something they could use as a center channel. The MTM didn’t work as the woofers are 6 ohm and two in parallel drops the load to 3 ohm – an impedance that most receivers can’t handle.
The TMM is a 2.5 way and amplifier friendly.
The full kit gets you everything you need except the cabinet and includes:
- 2 x Fountek, NeoCD-1 Ribbon tweeters
- 4 x Tang Band, W4-1720 mid woofers
- 2 x Crossover parts featuring Audyn Q4 / NPE capacitors and specified inductors.
- 2 x Hook up wire
- 2 x Mounting hardware
- 2 x Port Tubes -not pictured
- 2 x HG Post, binding posts.
- 2 x Damping Material – not pictured
- Build plans
We can assemble and test the crossover for you at an additional charge.
The Bare Bones version includes just the speaker drivers, crossover parts, and build plans.