The “Spitfire” Loudspeaker Kit by Paul Carmody
The Spirit is comprised of the popular, HiVi, Kevlar series woofers, and the Airborne, Air Motion Transformer tweeter.
And unlike an “8 Ohm” high sensitivity woofer, its bass does not suck. In fact, the bass is pretty darn good. Paul
has it in a .5 cu ft bookshelf speaker, and it can do rap and metal just fine. About the only thing you’d need a
sub for is LFE in movies
“It’s a blast to listen to. They sound really big, and that smooth FR from the woofer means no listening fatigue”.
The bones Version includes:
- 2 x Airborne, RT-4001 Tweeters – matched pairs
- 2 x HiVi, L6-4R, 6.5″ Kevlar Woofers
- 2 x Crossover parts, MDL capacitors, and specified air-core inductors. Other brands are available.
- Build Plans
The full kit includes everything you need except the cabinets.
- Add your choice of input connectors
- 2 x 16ga twisted-pair Hook up wire
- 2 x Plastic port tubes
- All mounting hardware
- Internal Damping material