The Testarossa Loudspeaker Kit, by Jeff Bagby
This kit was a result of Jeff’s curiosity with the RAAL tweeter design, which started with the Auricle – TM. What he found interesting was the tweeter’s internal transformer section. It could be manufactured to start a natural roll off. Then, combined with the passive network components, it gave the desired slope. As a result, the crossover has two components in the tweeter section.
The cabinet is 8.5″ wide, 39″ Tall, and 13″ Deep.
The basic Bare Bones kit includes:
- 2 x RAAL, 70-20RX Ribbon Tweeter – We have had delays in getting the tweeters.
- 4 x Satori, MW16P Papyrus cone woofer – You can also choose the white cone version if you prefer.
- 2 x Specified, Perfect Layer Litz Wire inductors
- 2 x Mundorf Supreme and Clarity CSA Capacitors
- 2 x Lynk Resistors
- Directions and build plans
The optional Full Kit add-on parts include:
- 2 x Big Post, terminals
- 2 x 16ga Internal Hook up wire
- 2 x Crossover mounting board and solder lugs
- 2 x All mounting hardware
- 2 x Internal damping materials
Extra optional items include:
- 3″ Precision Ports – for vented or MLTL design
- 10″ SB Acoustics Passive Radiators – for the PR design
- Assembled crossovers
We are happy to customize this kit for you – different capacitors, etc. – even if we don’t normally stock them. Just let us know your preferences and we can quote accordingly. Some component upgrades are listed above in the drop down when ordering.